Saturday, September 20, 2008

New look for my site

Huge hugs and thanks to Trina at Fabulously Fugalicious for redoing my blog site. She is fantastic!!!!!!

Just a quick note about the inspiration for the subtitle "creating a little slice of heaven around me." We had a visiting priest from Haiti on Sunday. He talked about how bad the conditions are where he is. He really encouraged us to try to create a little piece of heaven around us, so that others can see Jesus through our actions. It has really made me think about how I am treating others. How I respond to my family, to co-workers, to friends, and to strangers. It is making me think about how I react when I am stressed, rushed, or just going about my day.

I am normally a driver that calls people jerks when they pass me or cut me off in traffic. Our priest challenged us several months ago to not make these assumptions about others. They could be in a hurry. My oldest son usually rides in the front seat with me. On one occasion on the highway, someone pulled in front of me. I had to swerve lanes to miss hitting him. I commented aloud "What a jerk! He needs to learn to drive!" Green Eyes said "Mom, he must be in a well deserved hurry". Those were the exact words the priest had said months earlier. Those words repeated by my son, really hit my heart.

The title is a reminder that I need to work hard to create a little piece of heaven for the around and watching me. I am not perfect, but I need to try to be kinder to all! I have lots of little and big eyes that watch me everyday. I asked my Sunday School kids last week what they had learned from one person and who that person was. Blue eyes told me he had learned to be kind from his mother. Thus, I need to work harder to meet this challenge.

Again, thanks, Trina, for the fabulous new look!!

1 comment:

Trina said...

You are very welcome. This post about being kind was a great reminder. Thanks :)