Thursday, December 4, 2008

Reality check

It is Christmastime. Our homes are beautifully decorating and warm and inviting to anyone who walks through our doors. Screach on those brakes. That is a myth in my world. I always am beating myslef up for the condition of my home and lack of cleaning abilities.


I thought maybe someone else was like me. So I am posting pictures of my piles, so you would know that you are not alone!!!


The above picture is where I am making gifts and wrapping packages. It usually is where homework gets done, but that has been moved to the kitchen table. This is what someone sees when they walk into my home. Lovely. Want to come in? No run as fast as you can.

These are the barstools. The breakfast bar cannot be used, because once again I have piles. These piles are school papers and mail.

See someone else has as much junk and piles as you do. Actually I probably have much more. And the beauty of this situation is I don't know when I will be to clean it. I am working much more right now. Then there is the little issue of Christmas. I still have much more shopping to do. I am hosting at least one gathering before Christmas, with the possibility of an additional on Saturday (yikes, in 2 days). Somehow it will all come together, I just can't foresee how. I also have a cold, so maybe when I feel better, things will look better, and I'll get some work done!

1 comment:

Trina said...

I got piles too sister! LOL

BTW, Happy Birthday :)