Friday, December 5, 2008

Crazy Cat

This is our darling cat, Valentine. She is named Valentine, because that is the day she was rescued from an abusive home. She is a real sweetheart. She does hid from people she doesn't know. Other than that there are no other signs of her former life.

I got tired of stepping on the little pieces of litter every time I do laundry. I purchased the new Breeze litter box system last night. It uses pellets that are bigger, so I am hoping they won't get thrown like the gravely stuff.

I took away her old litter box and gave her the new one. So far she is yet to use the new one. All day she sat by it and cried to me. She looked pitiful. About 6 hours into not using it, I got her a few "nuggets" from the old box, and put them into the new one. I was hoping she would smell it and know it was okay to use.

A couple of hour later, I was more concerned, she had gone at least 8 hours without visiting a litter box. I decided to bring in the old box. The manufactures instructions said to place the two side by side. I should discontinue maintenance on the old box. It would get really bad, and she would decide to use the new one. Then I should get rid of the old one.

When I brought in the old on, she used it. Then she got out and began to purr while loving on it with her chin. Crazy cat. She must really like that old stinky box.

1 comment:

Trina said...

LOL I have a cat too and our litter box is in the laundry room as well. I have wondered about this Breeze system but had read mixed reviews. Let us know how it goes!

BTW, on my Twitter page, under my picture is a box that says FOLLOW, just click that and you are in! :)
Twitter used to have a search feature, but I think they moved it and I can't find you.